Valley Internet Setup Assistant For MacOS 8.x
- From the Apple Menu, choose Internet Access, then click Internet Setup Assistant.
- First you will be asked if you would like to set up your computer to use the Internet, click YES.
- Choose YES when asked if you already have an Internet account.
- Read over the Introduction window. Click the right arrow to continue.
- Now you will be prompted for a name for this configuration. Type Valley Internet in the space provided.
Select Modem as your connection method. Click the right arrow to continue.
- Next you will see the Modem Settings window. Confirm that your modem is selected as the Modem type, select internal or external as the port type (depending on what type of modem you have) and Tone as phone line type. This is the typical configuration. If this does not match your machines hardware or phone line type, make changes as necessary.
- Now the Configuration Information window will appear. Enter the appropriate dial in number for your location.
- Dial-Up Number : Click here to lookup a local dial-up number
Enter the username and password pair you were assigned. The username and password are case sensitive and should always be entered in lower case. Click the right arrow to continue.
- Click NO in the window titled PPP Connect Scripts. Click the right arrow to continue.
- Click NO in the window titled IP Address. Click the right arrow to continue.
- The next window will be labeled Domain Name Servers. In the space provided type in the following DNS entries. Each entry will need to be entered on a separate line.
Enter vallnet.com as the domain name. Click the right arrow to continue.
Now you will be prompted for your email address and password. The first field will prompt you for your email address (for example: firstname.lastname@example.org). Next enter your password. The password is case sensitive and should always be entered in lower case. The last field can be left as is. Click the right arrow to continue.
Next you will need to enter your email account name and email host name. The email account name
will be email@example.com. The email host name will be mail.vallnet.com. Click the right arrow to continue.
The next window will prompt you for the newsgroup host computer. Type news.vallnet.com in the
space provided and then click the right arrow to continue.
Next you will be asked if you use a proxy server for your Internet connection. Select NO and then click the right arrow to continue.
Finally, the Conclusion window will appear. Click on the Show Details button to ensure all the
information you entered is correct. Once you have verified that all the information is correct, close the Details window. Finally, click Go Ahead.