Email Setup with Netscape
Note: This is written for Netscape 4.79, and Netscape 6.2.3. Other versions may be somewhat different, but still
similar. If you need assistance, please contact Tech Support.|
Netscape Communicator 4.79:
- In the Netscape browser, go to Edit, and select Preferences. A new window will pop up.
Click on the plus beside Mail & Newsgroups, then click on Identity
- In the appropriate blanks, enter your Name, as you want people to see it, and your email address. If you have
another email address that you wish replies to come to, enter that in the reply-to address box. The rest of the blanks
- Next, click on Mail Servers
- You will see the Mail Servers window. In the blank labeled
Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server Name: type mail.vallnet.com. Where
it says Use Secure Socket Layer(SSL) or TLS for outgoing messages you may select Never or
If Possible. Outgoing Mail Server User Name should be blank.
- If there is a server in the box labeled Incoming Mail Servers, select it, and click Edit. Otherwise
- In the blank Server Name type in mail.vallnet.com.
- In the Server Type pull down menu, select POP3.
- Enter your username into the Username blank. It's normally the part of your email address before the @vallnet.com.
- If you do not wish to enter your password each time you check your mail, put the checkmark in Remember Password.
- Click Ok, then Click Ok again.
- You can click on the Inbox Icon (looks like one of these:
) or click Communicator and select Messenger to load Netscape Mail. When you click Get Mail it
will ask you for your password.
Netscape Communicator 6.2.3:
- In the Netscape browser, click on the Inbox Icon (looks like an envelope) or click Tasks and select Mail & Newsgroups to load Netscape Mail.
- It should run the Account Setup Wizard if this is your first time. If not, go to Edit and Mail & Newsgroups Account settings, and click on New Account.
- Select ISP or email provider, and click Next.
- In the appropriate blanks, enter your Name, as you want people to see it, and your email address. (firstname.lastname@example.org). Click Next.
- The next screen has a box for your incoming mail server and outgoing mail server. For your incoming server,
select POP3, and type in mail.vallnet.com. For your outgoing server also type in
mail.vallnet.com. Click Next.
- Enter your username into the Username blank. It's normally the part of your email address before the @vallnet.com. Click Next.
- Next it asks you for an account name. This is usually set to your email address, and should generally be left there. (Its
the name the account appears under in the account list). Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Click on the account name (usually the email address), then Read Mail Netscape will ask you for your email
password. Put the check in Use password manager to remember this password if you want it to remember your email
password for you, and enter your password, then click Ok.