Windows NT RAS Manual Setup
Note: If you can come get out latest Internet CD you can setup your connection using the Internet Connection Wizard
(Instructions will be provided with the CD)
I. Installing Dial Up Networking (DUN) (Skip to II if already installed)
A. Go to the START button, Programs, Accessories, Dial Up Networking
B. Click on the Install button
C. If you don't have a modem installed, DUN will attempt to install it.
D. After DUN finds and installs your modem, it will display it in the
Add RAS Device box.
E. Click OK
F. Remote Access SetUp
1. Select your modem
2. Press Configure
3. Configure Port Usage
a. Under Port Usage select Dial Out calls only.
b. Choose TCP/IP
c. Press Ok
II. Configuring Dial Up Networking.
A. Open "My Computer"
B. Double click on "Dial Up Networking"
C. Press OK if asked to add an entry or press New if an entry already
exists. (right-click an entry and choose "more" then "edit" to edit
an existing entry)
D. Basic Tab
1. Entry Name: Valley Internet
2. Phone number: Click here to lookup a local dial-up number
3. Dial using: COM port your modem is on.
4. Use Telephony dialing properties
5. Press the Configure button
a. initial speed: 57600 or higher
b. Check Enable hardware flow control
c. Check Enable modem error control.
d. Press OK
E. Server Tab
1. Dial-up server type: PPP Windows NT, Windows 95, 95 Plus, Internet.
2. Network protocols: TCP/IP (Uncheck anything else).
3. Remove the check from Enable software compression.
4. Remove the check from Enable PPP LCP extensions.
5. Press the TCP/IP Settings button.
a. Check Server assigned IP address.
b. Check Specify name server address.
i. Primary DNS: 22.214.171.124
ii. Secondary DNS: 126.96.36.199
iii. Primary and Secondary Wins: All zeros
c. Remove the check from Use IP header compression
d. Check Use default gateway on remote network.
F. Script Tab
G. Security Tab
1. Check Accept any authentication including clear text.
2. Click OK.
III. Dialing Out
A. Press Dial
B. Username: your Login/username
C. Password: your Password
D. Domain: Leave Blank
E. Press OK.
IIII. Hanging Up
A. Right click on the Dial-Up Networking Monitor on the task bar and
choose hang up.